Re: Can't restart Postgres

From: "Thom Brown" <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas <iamkenzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't restart Postgres
Date: 2008-10-30 11:00:07
Lists: pgsql-general
Well that can't really be the problem since it isn't running when
trying to start.

But yes, I've noticed that before which I actually find very useful.
It's a shame there isn't a way for postgres to broadcast to clients
that it wants to shutdown so things like pgAdmin III will say "Hey,
the server's about to go down.  Do what you need to go and get the
frag outta here!"