Re: Deleted Flag/Unique Constraint

From: "Bryan Murphy" <bryan(dot)murphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "John D(dot) Burger" <john(at)mitre(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deleted Flag/Unique Constraint
Date: 2007-03-30 00:31:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I think the other guys suggestion will work better. ;)

Really, the table was just an example off the top of my head. I believe we
do use a boolean as the deleted flag. We primarily use it to track the user
who originally created an item (even if their account is deleted). It's a
bit like a financial system where you can't retroactively change the data.
We always want to know who was associated with the original transaction,
even long after their account was deleted.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Bryan