Re: unchecked malloc

From: Sibtay Abbas <sibtay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unchecked malloc
Date: 2005-09-27 12:09:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This dicussion reminds me of a possible memory leak in plpgsql's code. In
case you are interested in it;

in pl_comp.c, plpgsql_build_variable takes a pointer to a PLpgSQL_type
structure, which is always a malloc'ed instance(since we always use
plpgsql_build_datatype function). The switch statement in
plpgsql_build_variable function elicits that its reference is only kept in
case the type structure represents a PLPGSQL_TTYPE_SCALAR, otherwise it is
not kept and needed in case its either PLPGSQL_TTYPE_ROW or
PLPGSQL_TTYPE_REC.

So is it intensional or a memory leak?

Thank you