Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

From: seunosewa(at)inaira(dot)com (Seun Osewa)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Date: 2003-10-03 18:52:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This is for relational database theory experts on one hand and
imlementers of real-world alications on the other hand.  If there was
a chance to start again and design SQL afresh, for best
cleaness/power/performance what changes would you make?  What would
_your_ query language (and the underlying database concept) look like?

Seun Osewa
PS: I should want to post my ideas too for review but more
experienced/qualified people should come first