Trying to get a C function built with MSVC

From: Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trying to get a C function built with MSVC
Date: 2010-02-23 21:21:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I have a very simple function that I've created. I can compile it in linux
without any problems. However, I've tried creating a dll for windows and am
not having much luck.

I first tried MSVC 2008 but after seeing some comments have tried compiling
it in MSVC 2005 as well.

In both I get several errors, whether I compile the code as c++ and use an
extern C block, or compile the code as C.

I've tried creating new projects from both ides for dlls, as well as trying
to create a project from an external source file.

I'm using postgres version 8.3.5. I'm also including the port\win32_msvc
directory as well as the port\win32 include directory.

I was wondering if someone has a packaged 'solution' (makefile /def /.sln
whatever :) that they can post / send? At this point I'm stumped with just
trying to build a basic dll with the postgres headers.

The errors below are the ones that I'm struggling with now.

Thanks - Bryan.

warning C4005: '_WIN32_WINNT' : macro redefinition c:\program
files\postgresql\include\server\pg_config_os.h 7
error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage c:\program
files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\wspiapi.h 44
error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage c:\program
files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\wspiapi.h 44
error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0 c:\program
files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\sys\utime.inl 44