Re: Help request to improve function performance

From: Seref Arikan <serefarikan(at)kurumsalteknoloji(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help request to improve function performance
Date: 2009-04-23 08:44:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Scott,
I agree, and I am doing the entity attribute model because I simply have to.
This table is used to persist data that is hold in user defined information
models. Kind of a domain specific language. The users continously create
these hierarchical structures, so neither the amount of them, nor their
structure is stable. On top of that, these structures can have quite deep
hieararchies, with collections, references to other structures etc.. This
forces almost everyone working in the domain to end up in this db model. In
case you are curious and have a lot of time at your hands, you can visit
www.openehr.org to see what I'm talking about. The specifications part have
all the documents one can need.

I have worked with very capable DBAs before, and even though it has been
quite some time since I've done real DB work, I would like to invest in
postgresql as much as I can, to make the total framework faster. Therefore,
all suggestions are welcommed.

All the best
Seref