PostERP is an ERP software system driven exclusively by PostgreSQL.
1. It runs MRP (material requirements planning).
2. It supports FIFO, LIFO, and moving average costing methods.
3. It processes costs of items and lots (or serial numbers, footwear
sizes, etc.) stored in bins, warehouses, work centers, etc.
4. It is currently for manufacturing industry. Authorized customers
can enhance its features and even alter it for utterly different
industries such as multi-layered marketing.
5. The accounting module uses only one segment of account codes (the
bundled sample account codes are 4 digits) and keeps track of item
codes, lot codes, warehouse codes, customer ID's, supplier ID's,
employee ID's, billing notes numbers, etc. Verbosely embedding
meanings in multi-segment account codes is depreciated.
6. Accounting staff defines templates for various financial reports
and run them without IT people's involvement.
7. It currently provides 68 data-entry forms (screens) and 45+ report templates.
8. It provides comprehensive on-line helps for forms and fields in
9. It comes with 2-tier and 3-tier computing architectures.
10. Client program requires no installation: Double click on .exe and
run ERP system.
11. It is multilingual. Users maintain addresses, item descriptions,
customer and supplier names, etc. in multiple languages
simultaneously. The same report template yields reports in various
12. It uses one PostgreSQL database and schema and separately
processes unlimited number of companies while users maintain only one
copy of globally shared data such as items, BOM, account codes and
descriptions, customers, currencies, exchange rates, etc.
13. Users patch database on-line using the same client program to
upgrade to new versions.
14. Authorized customers create new data-entry forms without the need
of writing code.
15. Authorized customers code SQL select command and design report
templates in drag-and-drop way to create more reports and seamlessly
merge them to the existing GUI.
16. The sizes of client programs, fat.exe or tc.exe, are under 2 MB
after compressed and nearly do not grow regardless of the expansion of
the business logic.
17. The report engine, packed in the 2 MB client executable file,
supports groups, number formatting, bar code printing, exporting to MS
Excel sheets, pivot reporting, both graphic and dot-matrix printers,
composite reports, master-detail reports, etc.
18. It is in essence a design-once-and-use-everywhere framework in
that all business logic, including data-entry forms, report templates
and SQL texts, on-line helps, user defined functions...etc., are
stored in PostgreSQL and used worldwide with the thick or thin GUI
1. Client programs and application server run only in MS Windows and
mostly in WINE (http://www.winehq.org).
2. Only English and traditional and simplified Chinese translations
are available at present time.
3. It calculates MRP using regeneration method. Net-change method is
not implemented, yet.
4. The MRP calculation assumes resources are unlimited.
Free edition with capability limitations is available for download
without the need of registration at
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2009-12-28 03:18:30|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - December 27 2009 ==|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2009-12-21 16:51:40|
|Subject: Re: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - December 20 2009 ==|