PostERP is an ERP software system driven exclusively by PostgreSQL.
- It runs MRP (material requirements planning).
- It supports FIFO, LIFO, and moving average costing methods.
- It processes costs for items and lots (or serial numbers, footwear sizes,
etc.) stored in bins, warehouses, work centers, etc.
- It is currently for manufacturing industry. Authorized customers can
enhance features and even alter it for utterly different industries.
- The accounting module uses only one segment of account codes (the bundled
sample account codes is 4 digits) and keeps track of item codes, lot codes,
warehouse codes, customer ID's, supplier ID's, employee ID's, billing notes
numbers, etc. Verbosely embedding meanings in multi-segment account codes is
- End users from accounting department define templates for various
financial reports and run them without IT people's involvement.
- It currently provides 68 data-entry forms (screens) and 45+ reports
- It provides comprehensive on-line helps in various languages.
- It comes with 2-tier and 3-tier computing architectures.
- Client program requires no installation: Double click on .exe and run ERP
- It is multilingual. Users maintain addresses, item descriptions, customer
and supplier names, etc. in multiple languages simultaneously.
- It uses one PostgreSQL database and schema and separately processes
unlimited number of companies while users maintain only one copy of globally
shared data such as items, BOM, account codes and descriptions, customers,
currencies, exchange rates, etc.
- Users patch database on-line using the same client program to upgrade to
- Authorized customers create new data-entry forms without the need of
- Authorized customers code SQL select command and design report templates
in drag-and-drop way to create more reports and seamlessly merge them to the
- The sizes of client programs, fat.exe or tc.exe, are under 2MB after
compressed and nearly do not grow regardless of the expansion of the
- The report engine, packed in the 2MB client executable file, supports
groups, number formatting, bar code printing, saving reports as MS Excel
sheets, pivot reporting, both graphic and dot-matrix printers, etc.
- It is in essence a design-once-and-use-everywhere framework in that all
business logic, including data-entry forms, report templates and SQL texts,
on-line helps, user defined functions...etc., are stored in PostgreSQL and
used worldwide with the thick or thin GUI client programs.
- Client program and application server run only in MS Windows and mostly in
- Only English and Chinese translations are available at present time.
- It calculates MRP using regeneration method. Net-change method is not
- The MRP calculation assumes resources are unlimited.
Free edition with capability limitations is available for download without
the need of registration at
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2009-12-21 06:17:15|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - December 20 2009 ==|
|Previous:||From: Michael Alan Brewer||Date: 2009-12-17 21:00:08|
|Subject: PgUS 2009 Board Election|