Re: What is the deal with mailing lists?

From: Joshua Drake <linuxpoet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Date: 2005-11-30 18:52:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

> It looks like it took a total of 7:20 for that email to make it to me.
> In a case of pot calling kettle black ;P, it took your machine 5:58 to
> get it to postgresql.org. Of course that's assuming everyone's clock is
> in sync, and the clock on the machine you sent the email from appears to
> be 13 minutes fast.
>
> Anyway, next time you're seeing a delay take a look at the headers and
> see if you can pin down what the bottleneck is.

Thank you for that... except that, I was talking about HOUR[n] delays not 13
minutes.
As stated in the original email, I am having reports of emails taking much,
much longer
then 13 minutes and in fact for some odd reason, I still don't have your
reply in my jd(at)cmd
mailbox.

My current last email from the list was 3 hours and twenty minutes ago but
the archives already
have them, as does gmail. If this was just me that was having this problem
it would be one thing
and easily diagnosable (in theory) but it isn't. There are others.

Joshua D. Drake