Re: Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.

From: leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.
Date: 2012-04-03 18:13:18
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi John, Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm :  so truncate table means the space will be reclaim for reuse ???

Thanks.

Grace

At 2012-04-04 02:01:59,"John R Pierce [via PostgreSQL]" <ml-node+s1045698n5615977h29(at)n5(dot)nabble(dot)com> wrote:
On 04/03/12 10:49 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> --- I amn't sure what's differences between truncate and delete in
> postgresql. Could you do me a favour to tell me about this.

delete has to go through and flag each tuple for deletion so vacuum can
eventually go through and reclaim them for reuse.   truncate wipes the
whole table out, including 0 length the files.

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Please-help-me-to-take-a-look-of-the-erros-in-my-functions-Thanks-tp5613507p5615977.html
To unsubscribe from Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks., click here.
NAML