Re: initdb: failed

From: Adam Lang <raider(dot)adam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb: failed
Date: 2004-07-27 18:50:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I got it working. Thsi time when I removed cygwin, I removed the
registry entries for it also. Restarted the computer and reinstalled
it again. It went liek gold this time with the following
instructions:

1. Install and configure cygserver:

$ cygserver-config

2. Start cygserver:

$ cygserver &

3. Initialize PostgreSQL:

$ initdb -D /var/postgresql/data

4. Start the PostgreSQL postmaster:

$ postmaster -D /var/postgresql/data &

5. Connect to PostgreSQL:

$ psql template1

Now that it is working fine, I will set up to do it with a better user
account and as a service.