Re: date_style

From: "Miguel Beltran R(dot)" <yourpadre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mortega(at)tc(dot)com(dot)ve
Cc: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: date_style
Date: 2006-12-13 19:57:06
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

checando http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-client.html#GUC-DATESTYLE

dice

DateStyle (string)

Sets the display format for date and time values, as well as the
rules for interpreting ambiguous date input values. For historical
reasons, this variable contains two independent components: the output
format specification (ISO, Postgres, SQL, or German) and the
input/output specification for year/month/day ordering (DMY, MDY, or
YMD). These can be set separately or together. The keywords Euro and
European are synonyms for DMY; the keywords US, NonEuro, and
NonEuropean are synonyms for MDY. See Section 8.5 for more
information. The built-in default is ISO, MDY, but initdb will
initialize the configuration file with a setting that corresponds to
the behavior of the chosen lc_time locale.

donde resaltamos " the output format specification (ISO, Postgres,
SQL, or German) and the input/output specification for year/month/day
ordering (DMY, MDY, or YMD)."

asi que los formatos de salida los vas a tener que reestructurar tu
como con algo asi
SELECT to_date(fecha, "MM/DD/YYYY") from mitabla;

si no me equivoco