Patch to inline stable SQL set returning UDFs

From: "Richard Rowell" <richard(dot)rowell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch to inline stable SQL set returning UDFs
Date: 2007-10-01 16:17:14
Lists: pgsql-patches
I discussed this hack with Neil and Josh in Ottawa back in May.  I
took a stab at it a few weeks ago and below are the results.  It is
mostly modeled after the existing inline_function.  The approach taken
is to recursively cleanup the RTable where stable SQL functions are
found in it.

I've been testing this in our dev environment for a few weeks now.
I'm sure it still has issues but I think it is about as clean as I can
get it without help from a wider audience.  This is my first backend
patch so please be gentle.

I want to thank Neil for answering many of my supremely ignorant
questions on IRC.

--
"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -- Mohandas Gandhi

pgsql-patches by date