Poatgresql database on more than one disk

From: bgraetz(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au (Barry)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Poatgresql database on more than one disk
Date: 2004-05-25 23:33:06
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi All,

I am a newcommer to Postgresql, currently I am looking at moving
a Pick based application across to PostgreSQL.

I am using RH Linux and Postgresql 7.3.6

The test system I am using has a 2 channel raid card with a disk pack
connected to each channel. The OS and Postgresql sits on its own internal
disk.

I would like to be able to use one disk pack for development and the
other for end user testing / verification (the tape drive can only backup
one disk pack completely, not both)

I have spent a fair amount of time researching how I can run two
databases, one on each disk pack but have not been able to find a
solution.

Is it possible to configure Postgresql to have seperate databases
on seperate disks ?

TIA

Barry

pgsql-general by date