Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Erik Jones" <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc Evans" <Marc(at)softwarehackery(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people
Date: 2007-03-27 17:31:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On 3/27/07, Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com> wrote:
> Not having looked myself, this is as much a question as a suggestion, but
> are there not postgres dba training seminars/courses you could recommend
> they send their dba's to?

There are some classes out there but in my opinion your best bet (from
point of view of looking for good talent) is to get people that found
their way to postgresql themselves. In that sense you want to hook up
with people from the mailing lists or develop contacts from within the
community. So, training classes are useful for beefing up on
knowledge and learning new tricks, but postgresql dbas are born, not
made :)

merlin