adtx

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL Performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: adtx
Date: 2006-08-24 20:47:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
We recently here picked up a adtx san and are having good results with
it. It's pretty flexible, having dual 4gb fc controllers and also dual
sas controllers do you can run it as attached sas or fc.  Both have
their advantages and unfortuantely I didn't have time to do much
benchmarking becuase we had to get the unit into production pretty
quickly.

With both controllers running (we did dual 7 drive raid 5 + hot spare)
we were able to push about 550 mb/sec onto the unit using a dual
ported qlogic fc hba.  This was on 750g sata disks :) you can also put
sas drives in it for more of a db oriented box.  The seeks were good
but not great, about 400 on each side, but I have a feeling this could
be optmiized playing with various software/hardware raid strategies
which we didn't have time to do (this is set up as a file server, not
a db server).

At some point in the future we are gearing up a new database server
and I get to set it up one or two more as attached sas, which should
be interesting.

While these are not brain-busting 'Luke Lonergan' realm numbers, it's
a very solid unit and comes cheap in my opinion.

merlin

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Sriram DandapaniDate: 2006-08-24 23:43:53