Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rich Shepard" <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Date: 2008-07-23 00:46:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On 23/07/2008, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com> wrote:

> Andrej,

Hi Rich,

> Unless others consider this topic to be not appropriate for the list, I
> don't mind a public conversation. I thought that I attached the script to
> my original message; regardless, here's the attribution:

You did - my bad. I usually ignore attachments on mailing-lists,
and did so with yours.

> I upgraded postgres manually, not creating and using a Slackware package.
> It worked just fine until yesterday's reboot.

Now there's an interesting piece of information :) How long
ago did you upgrade it?
>From which version of pg to which version did you upgrade,
and how did you go about it? Chances are indeed that the
postmasters logfile (/var/log/postgres) may hold crucial
information as Tom suggested.

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.