Re: function source

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Wright, George" <George(dot)Wright(at)infimatic(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function source
Date: 2008-07-11 17:53:48
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 12/07/2008, Wright, George <George(dot)Wright(at)infimatic(dot)com> wrote:
>>  Let's say it's not easy to just "read" the definition ... one can go
>>  and use a disassembler to see what your procedure does if one
>>  feels the urge (and is good with assembler).  The question is also:
>>  "whom do you want to stop from seeing them?"

> For intel. Prop. Reasons, I don't want the source for the functions to
>  be visible. The functions I've written are plpgsql and if I do \df+
>  <function> it displays the fully readable entire source.

Still didn't fully get who you're trying to hide stuff from, but
have a look at those two (not that old) threads which you
may find enlightening ....

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2007-12/msg00209.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2008-01/msg00111.php

Oh, and please take the time to familiarise yourself with the quoting
style on the postgres mailing-lists.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.