Re: Schema design question

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schema design question
Date: 2008-03-31 17:34:24
Lists: pgsql-general
On 29/03/2008, Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm working on a project which requires me to keep track of objects,
>  each of which can have an arbitrary number of attributes. Although
>  there will be many attributes that an object can have, the data types
>  of those attributes won't be all that varried (int, float, text,
>  boolean, date, etc.).

And a somewhat unorthodox suggestion for the list ... would it
be worthwhile considering a different storage mechanism all
together, like maybe an LDAP directory type of thing?  The query
language is admittedly very limited.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.