Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgres General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Date: 2008-01-31 21:04:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/02/2008, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com> wrote:
> The part about the BSD license is bogus. A BSD license is the most
> desirable of any Open Source license and gives you the right to use
> PostgreSQL in your commercial apps without worry.
While I'm a big fan of the BSD license (for varied reasons) I think that
OpenSource hardliners like RMS would argue that the BSD license is *NOT*
in the true spirit of OpenSource *BECAUSE* of what you list as a bonus
of it ... the locking down of benefits reaped from OpenSource not getting
back into the stream.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.