Re: insert more than one rows

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: insert more than one rows
Date: 2006-06-28 08:33:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 6/28/06, roy simkes <roysimkes(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Can I use the COPY command without pointing a file? Or can I point a string
> variable to use it as source while the delimeter is something else than the
> tab character (the | character perhaps). Or can I point a string array
> simply? (When i say point i mean to use it as datasource. Sorry for my bad
> english)

Another alternative to the suggestion in the link Andreas provided
might be to use the COPY FROM STDIN method;
If you have your query-results in an array of strings, separator a
pipe-symbol, for example, something like the following snippet might
work for you:

PQexec(conn, "CREATE TABLE foo (a int4, b char(16), d double precision)");
PQexec(conn, "COPY foo FROM STDIN DELIMITER AS  '|'");
foreach ($my_results as &$value) {
PQputline(conn, $value);
}
PQputline(conn,"\\.\n");
PQendcopy(conn);

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.