Re: June meeting recap!

From: Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: June meeting recap!
Date: 2009-06-21 19:39:45
Lists: pdxpug

> Josh told us about the patch review process. You don't have to be able
> to read C! If you can read the spec, apply the patch, verify that it
> works, proof the docs - you can be a reviewer! All you need to do is
> write a little report. Webb suggested PDXPUG have a patch review party
> - sounds like a great idea to me! Also sounds like something we might
> want to have a weekend meeting to do; I don't think 2 hours would be
> enough time to be productive. Who's in?

I am (duh, sort of). I think if we are going to do this we should
organize it around the commit cycle and let the developers know we are
going to do it -- and drop hints that maybe someone ca be on IRC while
it is going on.

If nobody else picks it up, I will organize it, but I haven't been
following hackers (or even general) lately (trying to use my time more
efficiently these days.... not very successfully....)

Does anyone know what day would be most helpful to the project?