Re: Superuser log-in through a web interface?

From: Kevin Barnard <kevin(dot)barnard(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ken Tozier <kentozier(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Superuser log-in through a web interface?
Date: 2004-10-31 05:29:47
Lists: pgsql-general
You have a conceptual error.  When connecting you are connecting "to a
database".  With out the database you are not connecting to anything
hence the failure.

Typically to do what you are trying to do you would connect to the
database template1 unless a database is specified.  If you have
another DB you can connect to that and do your create commands there
are well.