Specifying Host With psycopg2

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Specifying Host With psycopg2
Date: 2011-10-14 15:43:04
Lists: pdxpug

I'm nut sure whether this is the appropriate list for my question; perhaps
it belongs on the local python mail list. So, I'll ask:

To identify the postgres host when establishing a connection to the
database, should I use 'localhost,' the server's host name, or a
fully-qualified path/host name?

I'm asking because now I'll be developing and using this application here
but eventually my client and a state regulatory agency will be using it on
their Windows-based networks. My learning now just how to define the
database host will make it easier for me when it comes time to provide the
core python model to others.

Rich