Migrating Data from MySQL to PostgreSQL

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migrating Data from MySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: 2011-05-05 23:35:52
Lists: pdxpug
   There is an interesting database we need for a project that is
downloadable as the equivalent of postgres' pg_dumpall. The file contains
the DDL for the tables and supporting features and there are 19 separate
files containing the data with the pipe symbol separating attributes. Before
I upset psql I want to check my thinking with you experts.

   I modified the DDL statements to remove the apparently MySQL-specific calls
to a database engine, and I modified the data load statements to use the
postgres copy command.

   My question is whether I need to prepend a slash to the copy command as I
would when running it from the command line.

   I'll be happy to provide samples and further information if that's
desired.

Rich

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Lacey L. PowersDate: 2011-05-05 23:48:25