Re: Converting .mdb Files

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Converting .mdb Files
Date: 2009-11-11 20:21:11
Lists: pdxpug
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> From what I can deduce the drivers are only available in the Windows
> version of OOo.

   Gee. That's useful. Feh!

> My mdb-tools (0.5-1 on a CentOS 5.4 system) seems to be working OK.  I
> have a 5 GByte mdb that looks to be from the USFS -- Road features from
> 2006.  I was able to -export, -schema, and -tables it fine.

> It you want/can share your file I'll convert for you.

   This is a 12.1M file of soils data from the NRCS (nee SCS before they got
uppity), not at all private. 5G for roads must cover the entire known
universe.

   Is the source for the CentOS version available? I'd like to compare that
to the source I got from sourceforge.net and fix what I have here. I also
found a .diff patch file so I'll try applying those by hand.

Thanks,

Rich