Senior Database/System Administrator, Framestore VFX, London

From: Mark Hills <Mark(dot)Hills(at)framestore(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Senior Database/System Administrator, Framestore VFX, London
Date: 2011-09-13 13:49:40
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Leading London-based Film Visual Effects company Framestore are looking
for a killer DBA specializing in PostgreSQL on Linux.

Databases are critical to the infrastructure at Framestore and we are
looking for a self-motivated individual to be our go-to person driving our
implementation and optimization efforts. You will need strong
interpersonal communication skills to liaise with developers, users and
sysadmins.

As a senior member of our systems team you will have the opportunity to
work on varied projects and have a voice in technology strategy planning.
This is a great opportunity to work with a strong team and to play a lead
role in steering some of our critical technology. You will be able to both
think laterally while maintaining a strong focus and attention to detail.

Duties:

* Planning and maintaining DBMS infrastructure, including backups
  and replication

* Optimizing performance through database and query monitoring

* Assisting developers: optimizing queries, stored procedures and
  database design

* Enabling high availability of databases to a large HPC cluster
  (renderfarm)

Essential:

* 2 years PostgreSQL experience

* 4-5 years of Senior Linux Systems Administration experience

* Strong SQL skills, including PostgreSQL rules, triggers and stored
  procedures

* Ability to interpret PostgreSQL query plans

* Understanding of relational database design principles

* Thorough knowledge of current hardware, RAID and disk subsystems

* MySQL administration experience

Desirable:

* Software development skills in Python

* Proven PL/pgSQL experience

* Interest and understanding of NoSQL architectures

* Experience in data warehousing and data mining

http://careers.framestore.com/job.html?job_id=190&location=London

Please apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Celine Beunier from our
HR team: celine(dot)beunier(at)framestore(dot)com

--
Mark Hills
Software Developer

Framestore
19-23 Wells Street, London W1T 3PQ
t +44 (0)20 7344 8000
f +44 (0)20 7344 8001

http://www.framestore.com/

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Tim GoodaireDate: 2011-09-19 18:23:52