Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 21:12:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> I think you are confusing Postgres Plus with Postgres Plus Advanced
> Server.

Here's what I'm trying to get at.  Most databases that are aimed directly
at enterprise apps either have a) a price tag, or b) limitations on use
(as in SQL-Server Express, the free version of EnterpriseDB, Oracle XE).

I would like to create a slogan that takes plain vanilla PostgreSQL (*NOT*
the EnterpriseDB versions), the PostgreSQL that has no funny restrictions
and that you can use to store terabytes of data, and aims it squarely at
those types of workloads that would traditionally run the Express versions
of SQL-S, Oracle, or EnterpriseDB.

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01