Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 18:34:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Open Source Power and Reliability

Here's a novel idea.  Can we create a slogan (and other marketing
collateral) without the use of the term "Open Source"?  This may give
Postgres a 'foot in the door' to those entities who are irrationally
afraid of Open Source software... I am aiming directly at the vast
majority of SQL-Server workloads for which SQL-Server's advanced features
(reporting, DotNet integration, etc) are not needed.  For example:

Postgres: Security, Power, and High Performance

vs.

Postgres: Open Source Security, Power, and High Performance

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01