Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.
Date: 2009-07-09 17:31:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Not to jump into the fray, but:

> I find it *very* offensive that EnterpriseDB claims PostgreSQL 8.4 to be
> their product. That's what I can read from that page.

Ascertaining this from the EDB download page is a bit of a stretch,
especially considering the line "No support can be provided for these
files" (when downloading the Zip files).

However, this line in the release notes inside the zip file is something
I'd have a problem with, if I were Command Prompt or 2ndQuadrant: "or if
you need a more formal support arrangement, please visit (EDB Sales URL)".
It ought to be changed to "Please visit one of the commercial providers
found at (Postgres Community Site URL)"

Is anybody else compiling Windows binaries?

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01