Re: News coverage, link it here

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: News coverage, link it here
Date: 2004-02-18 08:22:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On this thread,

> Quotation:
>
> "The new 9.0 version has many features that put it on parity and
> even surpass some of the MySQL functionality."
>
> Oh well. It doesn't look like our message really came across very well
> in that particular article.

Please suggest how I can improve this passage in my Linux Journal article:

Postgres has always been valued in applications where data integrity is of
the utmost importance. Other open source database systems have been
favored where there is a perceived . but not necessarily actual . ease of
use advantage. Some of these .ease of use. objections have been raised in
the areas of major version upgrades, replication, and security
configuration. With version 9, Postgres has improved in all of these
areas.