Information about Pages, row versions of tables, indices

From: Gerhard Wiesinger <lists(at)wiesinger(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Information about Pages, row versions of tables, indices
Date: 2008-12-25 09:58:46
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello!

Is there some information in meta tables available about the number of
pages currently unused, row versions of tables and indices which are
unused?

I'm asking because I want to measure how efficient HOT is working and
whether vacuum should be run or not saving diskspace (I know this is done
automatically).

Thanx.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/

pgsql-general by date

Previous:From: Charles.HouDate: 2008-12-25 06:15:34
Subject: get the array value?