Re: a question about relkind of RelationData handed over to heap_update function

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: 노홍찬 <fallsmal(at)cs(dot)yonsei(dot)ac(dot)kr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a question about relkind of RelationData handed over to heap_update function
Date: 2009-10-25 20:31:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, ??? wrote:

> What I am trying to do now is to examine the real dirty portion of
> buffer pages to be flushed like the following.

You can trivially use pg_buffercache for view this, and its code in
contrib/pg_buffercache will show you how to navigate the buffer cache data
too.  There's example of how to use it in the documentation for that
module and I've got some additional ones on my web page at
http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql in the slides and
examples for "Inside the PostgreSQL Buffer Cache".