Re: 8.5 release notes idea

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.5 release notes idea
Date: 2009-08-31 19:47:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Just noticed in the release notes for 8.4, there are two items
> accredited to just "Greg" (but there are three of us Gregs who
> contributed to 8.4 and are in the notes). While this is very likely
> Greg Stark, due to the context...

That's correct--you and I are spelled out completely everwhere we show up
there, so all the "Greg" references without a last name are to Greg Stark.

I would not be surprised to find so many Greg Smith's one day that we all
end up identified by SHA-1 hash.

> Enjoy while you can, Bruce, we'll get another Bruce to contribute
> someday!

I think any Bruce or Tom who tries to submit a patch will have to be given
a funny nickname instead.