Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Date: 2009-05-26 21:51:25
Lists: pgsql-performance
I keep falling into situations where it would be nice to host a server
somewhere else.  Virtual host solutions and the mysterious cloud are no
good for the ones I run into though, as disk performance is important for
all the applications I have to deal with.

What I'd love to have is a way to rent a fairly serious piece of dedicated
hardware, ideally with multiple (at least 4) hard drives in a RAID
configuration and a battery-backed write cache.  The cache is negotiable.
Linux would be preferred, FreeBSD or Solaris would also work; not Windows
though (see "good DB performance").

Is anyone aware of a company that offers such a thing?

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Jerry ChamplinDate: 2009-05-26 22:17:37