Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs List <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Date: 2010-09-03 17:53:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-docs

> Maybe you shouldn't be using the information_schema in the first place.

Sure, I could write non standard code for every database instead of trying
to write a portable code which work on all of them directly:-)

I think that trying to do the portable way, under the assumption that the
standard implementation would be okay, was a reasonnable choice, even if
proved wrong afterwards.

--
Fabien.