Re: Trouble with COPY IN

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
Cc: Samuel Gendler <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trouble with COPY IN
Date: 2010-07-20 13:25:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Matthew Wakeling wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
>> I'd be willing to take a more in-depth look if you can minimize this
>> to a small, at-least-semi-reproducible test case. Ideally, something
>> that can be included in
>> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/jdbc/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc2/CopyTest.java
>> (since I noticed the driver doesn't have any WITH BINARY tests).
>
> Okay, I'm looking at this now.

Just written a test that writes 100000 rows into the test table using
binary copy, and it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on here, as it
still fails in my application.

One difference is that the test uses a straight connection, and my
application uses a ds.PGPooledConnection. Could that be affecting it at
all?

Matthew

--
It's one of those irregular verbs - "I have an independent mind," "You are
an eccentric," "He is round the twist."