Re: memory question

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: memory question
Date: 2010-03-25 10:35:28
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Campbell, Lance wrote:
> I have 24 Gig of memory on my server...
>
> Our server manager seems to think that I have way to much memory.  He
> thinks that we only need 5 Gig.

You organisation probably spent more money getting your server manager to
investigate how much RAM you need and scaring you about wasting resources,
than it would cost to just slap 24GB in the machine.

24GB is the least amount of RAM I would consider putting in a new server
nowadays. It's so cheap.

Matthew

--
 Lord grant me patience, and I want it NOW!