Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: "fkater(at)googlemail(dot)com" <fkater(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
Date: 2010-01-15 11:25:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, fkater(at)googlemail(dot)com wrote:
> Nevertheless: If your explanation covers all what can be
> said about it then replacing the hard disk by a faster one
> should increase the performance here (I'll try to check that
> out).

Probably. However, it is worth you running the test again, and looking at
how busy the CPU on the machine is. The disc may be the bottleneck, or the
CPU may be the bottleneck.

Matthew

--
"Take care that thou useth the proper method when thou taketh the measure of
high-voltage circuits so that thou doth not incinerate both thee and the