query optimization

From: Faheem Mitha <faheem(at)email(dot)unc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query optimization
Date: 2009-11-23 22:47:15
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi everybody,

I've got two queries that needs optimizing. Actually, there are others,
but these are pretty representative.

You can see the queries and the corresponding plans at

http://bulldog.duhs.duke.edu/~faheem/snpdb/opt.pdf

or

http://bulldog.duhs.duke.edu/~faheem/snpdb/opt.tex

if you prefer text (latex file, effectively text in this case)

The background to this is at
http://bulldog.duhs.duke.edu/~faheem/snpdb/diag.pdf

If more details are required, let me know and I can add them. I'd
appreciate suggestions about how to make these queries go faster.

Please CC this email address on any replies.

Regards, Faheem.