query optimization

From: Faheem Mitha <faheem(at)email(dot)unc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query optimization
Date: 2009-11-23 22:47:15
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi everybody,

I've got two queries that needs optimizing. Actually, there are others,
but these are pretty representative.

You can see the queries and the corresponding plans at

if you prefer text (latex file, effectively text in this case)

The background to this is at

If more details are required, let me know and I can add them. I'd
appreciate suggestions about how to make these queries go faster.

Please CC this email address on any replies.

                                    Regards, Faheem.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Thom BrownDate: 2009-11-23 23:25:24