Re: Query times change by orders of magnitude as DB ages

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: Richard Neill <rn214(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query times change by orders of magnitude as DB ages
Date: 2009-11-23 12:44:05
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009, Richard Neill wrote:
> Worse still, doing a cluster of most of the tables and vacuum full analyze

Why are you doing a vacuum full? That command is not meant to be used
except in the most unusual of circumstances, as it causes bloat to

If you have run a cluster command, then running vacuum full will make the
table and index layout worse, not better.

Matthew

--
 Riker: Our memory pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input.
 Data:  I understand - I'm fond of you too, Commander. And you too Counsellor