Re: GIT move

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT move
Date: 2012-02-07 02:56:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Not completely.  I'm most of the way through it, but was not able to
> finish last night.  I will complete the move today.

OK, the converted repository is up at

https://github.com/pgjdbc

I have removed all CVS keyword expansions of PostgreSQL instead of
replacing them with the full filename.  I don't think the path tells you a
whole lot, the file is there on disk so you can check the path if you
care.  It just seems like a maintenance headache.

Additionally I have converted the .cvsignore files to .gitignore.

Cleanup that still needs to happen:

1) The website has instructions for fetching the code from CVS which must
be updated.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/cvs.html

2) The website build scripts still have assumptions about CVS and
directory layouts for building documentation and translation statuses.

Other than that, I think we're good to go.

Kris Jurka