Re: GIT move

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT move
Date: 2012-01-25 20:15:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I don't have any specific objection to moving to github. What is
> disorganized about git.postgresql.org ?

If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, it's real tough to
find it.  It's not a software directory, it's a list of repos that have a
30 character description.  There's dead code, empty repos, and obscure
projects mixed in.  In my opinion it's really just a dumping ground and
that's fine because its goal is just to provide git hosting which it does.
So I don't have a problem with mirroring from github to
git.postgresql.org, but I think if we're going to use other github
features, it should be the master.

Kris Jurka