GIT move

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GIT move
Date: 2012-01-25 07:38:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
So we've discussed a move to git for some time and are just about ready to
do that based on Maciek's work.  So in conjunction with that, I think we
should move off of pgfoundry at the same time.  pgfoundry is bound to be
shutdown soon and we shouldn't stick with it to the end like we did with
gborg.  So instead of moving to the disorganized git.postgresql.org which
only offers git hosting, I'd suggest we move to github which will give us
more exposure and additional hosting features like a wiki and issue
tracking.

Since we don't have any major work in progress I see no need to hold up
this move.  Does anyone have an objection to moving things over the
weekend of 2/4?

The only thing that pgfoundry still supports is the jdbc-commits mailing
list.  So we could send that mail to the general pgjdbc list or we could
not bother sending it anywhere and let people pick it up via the
methods provided by github or perhaps we could petition the postgresql.org
infrastructure for another list.

Kris Jurka

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Dave CramerDate: 2012-01-25 12:18:02