Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge

From: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge
Date: 2011-09-05 07:07:49
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011, Tom Lane wrote:

> What I would suggest is to see whether a more recent x86 version shows
> the problem or not. If not, let's just write it off as an already-fixed
> compiler bug.

I have installed the most recent version in the home directory of a
purpose-made user on that machine.

configure:3252: icc --version >&5
icc (ICC) 12.0.5 20110719
Copyright (C) 1985-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

I did
git checkout 6416a82a62db4e66b2edb0fa8fc83a580c3f1931
to get a revision I knew was right in the broken range for mongoose.

Apparently they deprecated one of my compiler flags: -xN (N is for
Nocona), seems they renamed it to -xSSE2. Since this is a one-off run, I
ignored that warning.

The result is no crash in the cube test.

I think tomorrow I'll try to get the 9.0 compiler set up on a clean VM,
and if the issue duplicates there, I can see about setting up SSH access
if anyone is still interested in investigating this further.