Re: BUG #5961: JDBC Driver acceptURL does not check 'jdbc:postgresql:'

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Martin Handsteiner <martin(dot)handsteiner(at)sibvisions(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5961: JDBC Driver acceptURL does not check 'jdbc:postgresql:'
Date: 2011-03-31 15:11:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Martin Handsteiner wrote:

> Bug reference:      5961
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0 Build 801
> Details:
>
> JDBC Driver acceptURL does not check 'jdbc:postgresql:'

I'm not sure what check you want it to make.  It is a valid JDBC
connection string.  Testing here shows that it falls back from a v3 to a
v2 protocol connection when a database name is not provided, but it does
still seem to work.

> We have to connect to several Databases on the server. Due to the wrong
> implementation of acceptURL in the Postgres jdbc driver, connecting to any
> other database is impossible.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you don't provide a database name, how do
you expect it to connect to different databases?

Kris Jurka