Re: TypeInfoCache.getPGArrayElement - determine if array

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TypeInfoCache.getPGArrayElement - determine if array
Date: 2010-11-23 07:28:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Rados?aw Smogura wrote:

> In TypeInfo.getPGArrayElement it is written "Returns: the base type's OID,
> or 0 if unknown", but if given oid isn't array exception is thrown (empty
> result set), if unknown doesn't means unspecified then following patch

Yes, it does have the assumption that the oid passes is an array type, but
I'm not sure that's a problem.  Is there a case that you want to use this
for a type that may or may not be an array and don't want an exception
thrown?  If not, I think updating the documentation is the way to go.

Kris Jurka