Re: Bug with DatabaseMetaData and temporary tables/schemas

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug with DatabaseMetaData and temporary tables/schemas
Date: 2010-11-06 23:52:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> DatabaseMetaData does not correctly report the implicitely created temporary
> schema when creating a temporary table.

getSchemas is trying to help by not showing you tables that you cannot
access in other backends' temp schemas. It's not quite smart enough
though. It's not filtering the toast schemas and it isn't allowing you to
see your own temp schema.

It looks like psql will show you your own temp schema and all of the
temp toast schemas. So that could potentially be improved as well.

I'll take a look at making getSchemas a little more consistent.

Kris Jurka