Re: Quartz/JBoss App fails to deploy on Postgres 9.0

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Jason Long <mailing(dot)lists(at)octgsoftware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quartz/JBoss App fails to deploy on Postgres 9.0
Date: 2010-07-29 20:04:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Jason Long wrote:

> I am having a problem deploying my application on Postgres 9.0.  This
> could have something to do with "Failed restore connection's original
> auto commit setting."  The application does connect to the database just
> fine because if I disable the QuartzDispatcher the application works.
> Even with it enabled, Hibernate is still able to validate my tables
> before the QuartzDispatcher starts up.  I have no problems with any
> other version of Postgres.  The app is currently running perfectly on
> 8.4.4.

>     at org.postgresql.util.PGbytea.toBytes(PGbytea.java:76)
>     atorg.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getBytes(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet
> .java:2271)

You need to either use a 9.0 JDBC driver or change your server's setting
of bytea_output to escape because the 8.4 driver does not understand hex
format.

You can get the 9.0 development driver here, it just hasn't been linked
into the website yet.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.0dev-800.jdbc4.jar

Kris Jurka