Re: DataSource.setMaxConnections() - Does not work

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Michael Andreasen <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DataSource.setMaxConnections() - Does not work
Date: 2009-09-26 13:51:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Michael Andreasen wrote:

> Even though I set it at 3, if I look on the server I can see many more
> connections have been made?

The three connection limit is the most the datasource will open for you,
but it cannot prevent other people/processes from opening other
connections to the server. If you really believe all of these are being
opened by the datasource, perhaps you really have many instances of the
datasource, each of which will open up to three connections.

Kris Jurka